Updates to this sale and shipping info will be provided here
Heads up to everyone, I'll be stepping away from the workshop for a few days for a family event, starting today. During this time I won't have access to email, discord, etc. If you have any urgent business, please shoot me an email at email@example.com, and I'll make sure to get to you as soon as I'm back in the land of the living. I won't be updating again until April 1st, due to my schedule and getting things ready to ship.
I'm happy to let you know that ALL of the keys have been made, and are now just being finished in preparation for shipping. Like I mentioned in the last post, I move groups of the keys at a time through the finishing process, so I'm confident I should be able to finish everything within a week or two, and start shipping out huge amounts of keys. A large group of orders will go out the first week of April, and I'll conclude the sale on the second week with all packages marked as shipped. I'm very happy with how this sale has gone, and it definitely motivates me to want to do more of them this year.
A handful of tracking went out today, so if you still haven't gotten anything, don't sweat it. You'll likely be in the next group to go out.
Sunlight. I've been down in the basement workshop for so long that I can barely remember what that is. In fact, I was recently told by my doctor that I have a Vitamin D deficiency due to not going outside enough (hiss). It also doesn't help that I've adopted the worst schedule known to man; staying up all night in the workshop making keys and then sleeping all day. Not great for sunlight absorption and social interaction, but great for efficiency. Despite all of that, I can say that I'm loving life and being able to focus on making so many keys for so many people.
I'm also happy to report that things are moving along very well, and I'm actually pretty far ahead of schedule for this sale. A few orders have made their way to the post office, but the majority of orders will be shipped during the last week of March and the first/second week of April. I'm doing it this way in order to keep my production schedule as smooth as possible. Here's a peek at the process that goes into each and every key to ensure that they are clean, smooth, and ready to use once you tear open the package.
1. Clean and chemically treat molds for casting
2. Pour resin in layered shots
3. Remove cast keys from molds
4. Clip away excess resin and inspect keys
5. Heat-tempering process for strength (takes several hours)
6. Sand keys with multiple grits of sandpaper
7. Wash and scrub keys to remove residue
8. Quick sanitization bath
9. Compressed air drying (eliminates water spots)
10. Nothing but I couldn't end the list at 9
In order to maximize efficiency, I do each of these steps in big waves so I'm not having to repeat all of them over and over with each batch of keys. So far, the processes have been very smooth and I'm confident that you will love your keys. I'll have photos of some of the keys being processed next week. Like the Tesla Model 3 production schedule, orders will ship out in greater volumes very soon. However, unlike Tesla, I plan to meet my projected goals SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT LIKE TWO YEARS TO GET A CAR.
Anyway, I won't bore you with any more. Just know that I'm alive, your keys are being made (with no delays or issues), and things are good. <3
1. This is a GB-Style sale, which means these keys will be made to order. Keys will begin shipping in March, and all keys will be shipped by the end of April.
2. You may choose ANY of the keys above (limit one of each colorway), and you will receive those keys. There are only so many of each key that will be made, and each item will become Sold Out once it has reached limit of orders. Once a key is Sold Out you will be unable to add that key to your order.
3. Add the keys that you would like to your cart, and checkout. No invoicing, no struggles. Handy "Add To Cart" buttons will be on the page so you can get your order placed as fast as possible.
4. Orders will be shipped in the order they are received. The faster you get your order submitted, the faster you will get it.
Finally, I will be adding Gold Bag doubleshot (or above) keys to random orders of 3+ items, and one lucky 3+ invoice will receive a FREE commission of their choice. Note that the Gold Bags will contain Snek, Bumpy, and Saber v2 keys.
Finally, it's important to note that I will hold other minor sale events and Flash Sales during the time that I am working on this sale. These Fulfillment sales are meant to cater to those that would rather wait a bit in order to guarantee the keys they want, but I will continue to work on other projects so that I do not lose my damn mind.
This sale will open at 6pm MDT on 2/9, and close once all keys have been claimed.
As always, thank you to everyone that makes these sales possible. Your continued support and constant shit-hawking make this all worth it.